Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Bit Further South

First I should admit that I am (as are most men) the biggest baby when it comes to pain. Any physical discomfort is almost immediately translated as dire affliction. Our wives endure far more in bringing children into the world.

So I have this lower back thing... now I feel like one of the people I used to overhear in my grandmother's apartment complex. But seriously, what is my deal? I'm not even 40 years old and I get these crippling days where all I want to do is lay on the floor.

In this condition I hear God telling me too many things to write. One of them is that I need to toughen up a bit. Another whisper is that I need to take better care of this shell before it becomes a carcass. And though this pain is real and really frustrating, the best takeaway is that I can learn to deal with my microscopic hurt by reaching out to someone surrounded by their own immense distress.

No comments: