Monday, December 17, 2007

Powerful & Effective Prayers

I have recently been re-reminded of that profound verse in James 5:16 ...the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. That little phrase continues to have more intense meaning to me as the years proceed.

Most recently I have been reminded of the importance of prayer as my family and I face this enormous task that God is calling us to... starting a new church.

Over the years I have received many (genuine) pleas for support from people in various endeavors. Because of my cynical side I always feel like when they are asking for financial and/or prayer they really mean financial support. In an attempt to avoid creating similar feelings in others, my thought was to build a Prayer Team separate from and ahead of any pleas for financial assistance. To do this well it meant hours of work to locate people and email addresses. Weeks later I am still calling on people to join us in this prayer project.

The biggest surprise has come as people have started joining us in prayer. Each Sunday evening when ministry is done I go back to my office and send a simple email message to The 300... they are our Prayer Team partners. Throughout the week I receive powerful & effective answers to those simple prayers spoken by righteous people.

1 comment:

felicia said...

This is so exciting and so awesome. We pray together as a family every night, and you're on our list.

I'm so excited to wait and see the amazing things God has for you! Thanks for allowing us to be a small part of it by supporting you in this way.